Monday, February 1, 2010

Finishing strong requires you to first start somewhere...

Recent events have had me rethink the way I spend my breaths. My eyes have been saddly opened to the mortality of each of us but with it, I've also come to more emphatically realize that a life without regret is a life lived to its fullest.

With that being said, I want to push forward - break ground within my life - wrap my arms around things I've never thought possible while all along, if ever overcome by what is at hand, continue to thank God that I'm alive to even be apart of it.

While I lean in to Him and fight each day to strengthen myself on the inside, I have chosen to test myself physically by training for a marathon in a little under 3 months. I would argue though, even being in the infant stages of this challenge, that accomplishing this will require as much strength of mind and spirit as it will body. And, in the end, even if I don't finish, I will have won because I will have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment