Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The grass is always greener - but what happens if it is buried under 3ft of snow?


I know. I know. I should be thankful for the seasonal weather we get in Pennsylvania, but thankful and in love with are two totally different things. After this winter, I'm officially veto-ing snow and anything that has to do with snow, ice, white, cold, boots, shovels or mittens. Okay, maybe I'll cut mittens a break since at the present time, I don't officially own a pair of mittens and as a child, I loved my mittens and moon boots. Yes, it could be far worse - I get it. But all I'm asking for is a little mid-week melt down so that I can get my mail; move my car and go for a run outside. I'll settle for one out of three!


On a side note, as I continue my journey of tackling challenges, I'm up to running 8 miles, which technically is almost 1/3 of a marathon. I can't imagine running the other 2/3 of the 26.2 mile monster! This is going to be without a doubt my biggest challenge yet - and all amidst moving, having our first child, studying for a second career and trying to hold down my current one. Maybe I should be on a journey to be more lazy than ambitious...that sounds a lot more appealing right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment